Great map!

» Siedler Map Source Forum » Siedler DEdK - Settlers HoK » Great map!

Zurück zu den Maps: Die Siedler DEdK » Zauberer aus der Vergangenheit

Seiten: 1

_Hunter_
08.09.2020 22:15

Great map!

Hey SH
finally a new map. Thank you for uploading maps so consistantly, you are one of very few who do that...

First of all I'd like to say that I'm not a big fan of quest maps in general (especially those where you only start with a hero and have to run around a lot, not being able to build anything). But as you have never disappointed me with a map, I wanted to give it a try.
The first part was surprisingly hard, especially as long as I did not know what to do and where to look for the missing 200 thalers. Thank you for implementing the x2/x3 speed-button at this point.

Also the duel with Dario was quite a challenge, but once I had figured out what to do it was just a matter of time.

Finally I had a village and could start playing properly. I really enjoyed all the creative ideas you brought into this map, and by this I mean literally everything. Starting with Erecs additional skills by collecting chests (I prefer this usage of chests over the regular usage with them only containing ressources actually), being able to make Erec stronger by upgrading his armour and his weapon, small features like the ladder and also the underwater-labyrinth. I have never seen something like this in Settlers before! Great job!

The landscape is also very well done, I enjoyed it a lot.
Another thing I'd like to point out is that I really appreciate it, that the decisions you make in the game can actually have a huge impact later on in the game (Spoiler alert: I nearly died to the guy from the beginning when he attacked my village with all that cavalry).

Well what else can I say...I liked the trading system, although it was quite hard to defend the caravans. Most of the fights were quite challenging due to the lack of iron. Also, forbidding rifles and siege/iron cannons forced me to use more different units and have a mixed army, which I also like doing from time to time.

The only thing I want to criticise is the German translation...I know your German isn't that great, but sadly Google can't do it much better. xD
It can be frustrating to lose the map or not being able to make any progress, just because you don't understand what you are supposed to do and have to figure it out by trial and error.
There are people in the Settlers 5 community which would gladly translate your maps, please just let them do it in advance next time, so even those who don't speak English can enjoy the map.

So altogether it was a great map, definitely one of the best quest maps I have ever played, with a good mix of quests and fights. No bugs occured, the map seems to be very well tested.
Thank you very much for your great work, I'm hoping to see more of your maps in the future! Keep up the good work!

With best regards
Hunter

Dieser Beitrag wurde von _Hunter_ am 09.09.2020 um 14:02 editiert.

SH
09.09.2020 20:33

Hi Hunter

Thank you for your feedback!

Zitat von _Hunter_:
Another thing I'd like to point out is that I really appreciate it, that the decisions you make in the game can actually have a huge impact later on in the game (Spoiler alert: I nearly died to the guy from the beginning when he attacked my village with all that cavalry).

That's another reason of the prelude. If you chose the second option, it would also make some unexpected cosequences.

Zitat von _Hunter_:
The only thing I want to criticise is the German translation...I know your German isn't that great, but sadly Google can't do it much better. xD
It can be frustrating to lose the map or not being able to make any progress, just because you don't understand what you are supposed to do and have to figure it out by trial and error.
There are people in the Settlers 5 community which would gladly translate your maps, please just let them do it in advance next time, so even those who don't speak English can enjoy the map.

Yes, Google doesn't translate very well, however this map has over 400 lines of text in total so it would take a lot of time to translate it and not many people have it so much.

Zitat von _Hunter_:
So altogether it was a great map, definitely one of the best quest maps I have ever played, with a good mix of quests and fights.

In assumptions it was supposed to be fightmap with some quest elements...

Best regards
SH

Hiasi
Gast
10.09.2020 16:45

I agree that the map is great.
To add, I find the difficulty very well-suited for an experienced player, for example that the attacks become a lot stronger every wave; still the medium version is rather hard overall as well.
I like that the side quests are optional, it is really a free-play map.

However, I think the counter in the beginning makes it impossible to win in the first run, this is a bit discouraging.

Sometimes when I reloaded the game, Settlers broke down, but maybe that was my computer's issue.

Overall, an excellent work!

U_B
04.10.2020 19:00

Oh my gosh, what an excellent map!!!!

Tricky and a real challenge for experienced players (even in medium version!)
But this lovely landscape, I enjoyed especially the tiny bridges and the fact that the one beneath my village was blocked by tree trunks.

I prefer quest maps and almost despair of the fights.
But I find my way!
Using a lot of bowmen and towers, not that easy with only a few heaps of stone and iron. Fortunately, experienced players should know how to maximize them and Erec's new capabilities helped, too.
It is neccessary to save often!!!! (And to reload )

Thanks a lot for this brillant map!
(I rarely enjoyed a fight map like this.)

But I still have a question:
What's about this giant, the village in the northwest talked about?
I didn't find one and I couldn't enter Pilgrim's village.
Which quest did I miss?
I guessed I would need Erec's seven-league boots for this special occasion.....

Kind regards
U_B

SH
04.10.2020 19:27

Hi, U_B

Happy too see you enjoyed the map!
The giant stays on the north, behing the darkgrey cliffs. You can get him only after the village guard talk to you (the path is blocked earlier). So I think that you explored that area before and didn't checked it again, it's outside the minimap as well. If you noticed it, the game could be easier a bit.

SH

U_B
05.10.2020 11:30

Hello SH,

Zitat von SH:

The giant stays on the north, behing the darkgrey cliffs.

I've found him!
Nice! Very nice!

Zitat von SH:
So I think that you explored that area before and didn't checked it again,

That was exactly what had happened.

Zitat von SH:
If you noticed it, the game could be easier a bit.

Oh yes!
It might have been easier to change my tons of brimstone against sharpshooters/snipers.
My fault!
But I only play the giant part, explore the village and do without repeating the final battle against the sorcerer.

Well done!
U_B

Seiten: 1

SiteEngine v1.5.0 by nevermind, ©2005-2007
Design by SpiderFive (www.siedler-games.de) - English translation by juja

Impressum