Eastern Realm First Run

» Siedler Map Source Forum » Technische Hilfe » Eastern Realm First Run

Seiten: 1

PPPCSC
05.02.2014 23:32

Eastern Realm First Run

Hi all,

At least a couple of years ago, I purchased the Eastern Realm expansion to go with my S6 installation. I managed to get it from a second-hand shop (after a lot of hunting for it!), and found that it had three different keys:
One on the box in which it came,
One on the Eastern Realm manual,
and one on the RoaE manual which was also in the box.

It seemed that someone had bought it as part of a set, and accidentally put both the manuals in the same box. Why the box itself has another different serial, I have no idea.

Anyway, I tried installing with all three different keys, and in all cases, I can see all the files are there, and the Map Editor definitely works (with all the correct entities visible in the list). So, it definitely installs...

HOWEVER,
If I try to run the program, it says "You need to be an administrator to run this application for the first time."

I use Windows 7 Ultimate (English UK version, if that makes any difference). My computer is not connected to the Internet, but I have also tried installing on my laptop (which does have the Internet) and copying it over, and this does not seem to work either.

Any ideas?

bobby
06.02.2014 17:29

Zitat von PPPCSC:
HOWEVER,
If I try to run the program, it says "You need to be an administrator to run this application for the first time."

Did you try to run the application as an administrator?

Neues:
Cutscene Editor
LuaDebugger v0.5.2

PPPCSC
06.02.2014 22:40

Zitat von bobby:

Did you try to run the application as an administrator?

Yes , I have tried all the usual things...
'Run as Administrator' does nothing, changing resolution does nothing, running in XP SP2 mode does nothing...

I even tried in desperation making a new PC Administrator account and running it through that, which also did... zilch.

(Here's something I just discovered: 'zilch' is Swahili for 'nothing' )

PPPCSC
11.02.2014 23:47

Anyone got any ideas?
I'm thinking maybe I should just buy a new copy with a key that's guaranteed to work.

Fire_Bird
12.02.2014 19:45

I don't know why, but sometimes you only can install programs when they are on your desktop.

So try to move the application from the CD-directory to the desktop.
Then start the desktop-application (maybe again as admin).

I hope I could help you,
Fire_Bird

Seiten: 1

SiteEngine v1.5.0 by nevermind, ©2005-2007
Design by SpiderFive (www.siedler-games.de) - English translation by juja

Impressum