Folder for maps RoaE

» Siedler Map Source Forum » Siedler Map Source » Folder for maps RoaE

Seiten: 1

grincheux
07.05.2008 11:33

Folder for maps RoaE

Hi,
Please can somebody tell me in wich folder do I put the download maps for RoaE and what is the way for this folder.
I have the extension East Kingdom .
Thank's for your help (and sorry for my english )
grincheux

Bushdoctor
07.05.2008 14:22

Hi Grincheux,

The folder that you want to use is here:
C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\My Documents\THE SETTLERS - Rise of an Empire\UserMaps

All maps go there.
If you want to play the 'Release' versions, you have to start up RoA
and if you want to play the 'Eastern Realm' maps, you have to start up TER.
(Very handy. Not).

Good luck!

Mumia
Gast
13.05.2008 02:36

The game ignores maps i download

I have tried to make the folders exactly as posted in the faq, but alas the game ignores them completely.
Is there any way to tell the game where to look for maps?
Or perhaps, some download / plugin / addon that makes the game accept the maps I have downloaded?
I would be happy for any ideas, its very frustrating to read about all the games on these pages, but not be able to play any.

Kind regards

Mumia
Gast
27.05.2008 15:30

Still no xtra maps

Even after patching to 1.6, my game still wont find any downloaded maps. I have bought the eastern realm expansion also, no change. I had hoped they would actually try to make the game more fun, not just more frustrating.
So, guess the game goes to oblivion now, collecting dust in my collection of great "never buy any more games from this producer" storagebox.
Got to map 3 in the expansion, anyone have any idea how to stop 300+ troops with an army limit of 91?
No I didnt think so either....
Tried some of the maps that come with the game, situation : enemy have tower with catapult right on the edge of their map, they can shoot at my troops, I cant shoot back, since i cant get a single troop in on their area, even though they dont control my area, fair? fun? gives a good gameexperience?
Well I dont think so, so to the trashcan.
And how exactly do you control your army, they seem to run all over the place - mostly in the wrong direction, there is no groups option, no "stand ground" option, no using the "select intire army" option if you have some on guard duty, and so on.....
I do love the animations, the grapichs, the cute little critters and the building cities.....if only they could get the actuall gameplay to work also, instead of a frustratingly, screaming at your screen every 5 seconds game....
This is not a RTS game, this is a RTF game ( real time frustrating ).
Going back to playing : Tropico paradise island, american conquest fight back, supreme commander (both).
Imo : Settlers 6 = sad waste of money....

Seiten: 1

SiteEngine v1.5.0 by nevermind, ©2005-2007
Design by SpiderFive (www.siedler-games.de) - English translation by juja

Impressum