Start map from other map

» Siedler Map Source Forum » Siedler DEdK Script Forum » Start map from other map

Seiten: 1

AdeBont
12.03.2015 22:37

Start map from other map

Is it possible to start a map from another map?

the evidence of things not seen.
Heb 11:1

totalwarANGEL
12.03.2015 23:03

Yes.

Framework.StartMap(_mapName, _mapType, _campaign)

_mapType = 3 -> user map

You can not return to the interrupted map!

AdeBont
13.03.2015 20:49

This works, but now I have another issue. The thing is that for my new map I'm manipulating some entity types quite drastically, and now I'm trying to find a way to reset all these modifications once the map is closed. in this way players don't have to quit and restart the application if they want to play another map after mine.

For this I've created a 'reset ma'p where I've packed the original entity files. If I first open tha map with the modified entities and next open any other map the entities will remain modified (as expected). But when I open the reset map and then any other map the entities are back to original configuration. So far so good...

But when I open the reset map from the map with the modifications via Framework.StartMap the game crashes, in fact the application just closes down without any delays, no error message and not even windows message...

Perhaps there is some additional action that is executed when closing the map and starting the reset map in the normal way?

Zedeg
13.03.2015 21:09

Have you read this thread already? Perhaps you find a hint there. Unfortunately, the texts are written in German.

Journalisten erkundigen sich bei Wissenschaftlern meist nicht nach Grundlagen, sondern eher nach Ergebnissen und Folgerungen. Das erklärt womöglich auch, warum sich Forschungsberichte in den Medien so häufig als feststehende Erkenntnisse lesen, nicht aber als Ideen, Entdeckungen oder Indizien, um die es sich genau genommen in den meisten Fällen handelt. -Axel Bojowski

Dieser Beitrag wurde von Zedeg am 13.03.2015 um 22:42 editiert.

AdeBont
13.03.2015 21:21

Zitat von Zedeg:
Has you read this thread already? Perhaps you find a hint there. Unfortunately, the texts are written in German.

Yes, read that part, but no clues

AdeBont
17.03.2015 21:58

I've checked the QuitGame function, but there is nothing special that is done when closing the game,
just update of game results and close.

So this is the strange thing...

When I start the map with modified entities, close the map (with non-hacked close function) start the 'reset map' (which will close automatically) and next open another map, the entities are reset to original configuration and everything works fine.

But when I start the map with modified entities, and then close the map with the hacked close function which will start the 'reset map' automatically, and next open another map, the game chrashes in an instance...

WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS?!?!?!?!

Kantelo
18.03.2015 00:52

Hi AdeBont,
unfortunately I have no idea, but maybe you can ask yoq or bobby who created the S5Hook.

Otherwise you can simply remove some of the "manipulating stuff", and try it out again, until the game don't crashes anymore.
It will take some time but in the end you will know the value/file or whatever, which causes the crash.

AdeBont
18.03.2015 09:33

Hi Kantelo, indeed this is what I was planning to do this morning.
Checking the findings with bobby...

AdeBont
18.03.2015 20:30

Issue solved! S5Hook.RemoveCustomNames() had to be applied when closing the map... 

Seiten: 1

SiteEngine v1.5.0 by nevermind, ©2005-2007
Design by SpiderFive (www.siedler-games.de) - English translation by juja

Impressum