Tricky

» Siedler Map Source Forum » Siedler 2 DnG - Settlers 2 10th Anniversary » Tricky

Zurück zu den Maps: Die Siedler 2 DnG » The Second Wave

Seiten: 1

Vladi
12.12.2023 22:00

Tricky

I was very happy to see a Ramirez map which is not so huge - perfect for players like me who do not have too much time to spend hours on expanding.

The resources, esp. coal are pretty scarce, so I did not have any issue with the food supply as there was enough space for dozens of farms.

But the timing was quite well managed by the map creator! As soon as I got in touch with one opponent, the second one also approached and bam! Two enemies at once, and this is always a challenge if coal is scarce.

I was able to defeat both enemies in the end, but the lack of coal led to situation to not have enough soldiers to conquer the remaining enemies with pure military power.
As there are stone deposits virtually everywhere, I guess I must invest quite some time in a catapult war now ...

Also, I think the yellow enemy should have crossed the border in the west ... but he blocked himself with a forester right before one of the bottleneck. So I was also not able to reach him at first ... when I noticed that there is actually a path, the game was already quite advanced. So not sure if this altered the gameplay negatively.

Anyway, quite interesting map again! For the size of the map, I would have wished for some more coal resources in order to avoid lengthy expanding-only phases, but not a big issue.

Ramirez
06.01.2024 04:48

re. Vladi

Zitat von Vladi:
I was very happy to see a Ramirez map which is not so huge - perfect for players like me who do not have too much time to spend hours on expanding.

The resources, esp. coal are pretty scarce, so I did not have any issue with the food supply as there was enough space for dozens of farms.

But the timing was quite well managed by the map creator! As soon as I got in touch with one opponent, the second one also approached and bam! Two enemies at once, and this is always a challenge if coal is scarce.

I was able to defeat both enemies in the end, but the lack of coal led to situation to not have enough soldiers to conquer the remaining enemies with pure military power.
As there are stone deposits virtually everywhere, I guess I must invest quite some time in a catapult war now ...

Also, I think the yellow enemy should have crossed the border in the west ... but he blocked himself with a forester right before one of the bottleneck. So I was also not able to reach him at first ... when I noticed that there is actually a path, the game was already quite advanced. So not sure if this altered the gameplay negatively.

Anyway, quite interesting map again! For the size of the map, I would have wished for some more coal resources in order to avoid lengthy expanding-only phases, but not a big issue.

Thank you,

Seiten: 1

SiteEngine v1.5.0 by nevermind, ©2005-2007
Design by SpiderFive (www.siedler-games.de) - English translation by juja

Impressum